The Len Werry Building, in the right foreground, sits on the former site of the first Greyhound Bus Terminal in Calgary. Greyhound moved in the early 1970's to what proved to be a temporary location on 4th Avenue and 1st Street SW, before expansion necessitated another move to their present location on Bow Trail, just west of the downtown core.|
Behind the Werry building stands the Lougheed Building, another heritage building that may fall to the wrecking ball. The theatre on the ground level once was considered one of the finest live theatres in North America, before being converted to a cinema in 1937. Celebrities such as Jack Benny and the Marx Brothers played the Grand, as it was known during its heyday.